The Saga Continues - Just When You Think You Got It Right - Guess Again

I am trying my best to be "hip" or whatever the word is.  But ... with my record whatever the right word is, I will probably not get it right. 😩  Hey did you see that?  I used an emoji! And so begins my latest vignette in this saga we find ourselves in.

Got a text from Laura yesterday.

(L) Hey can I have  friend spend the night? She needs a friend right now. (Friday is a down day for them - no school)
(P) You have not given me much information.
(L) Her name is Kaylee.  We have the same class 4th period. I don't know what else to tell you.

[I must think good thoughts before I type my response!]

(P) How old.  Parents permission.  Nature of  problem. (why waste zeroes and ones - keep it to the point]

(L) Same age .. hold up ... she is asking now .. give me a sec

[I am at work .. I think she might have forgotten that ... she never did tell me what the problem was]

(P) What about your game?
(L) She said she would stay and leave with us.

[not knowing what was up, she might have had a fight with her boy friend who would show up on our porch at 1:00am]

(P) No drama at the house.  No other people that might come because she is there?

(L) Oh No.  Nothing like that

(P) OK I will let Nana know. Oh, does Kaylee eat much? [here I add a winking emoji thinking I would impress her with my savvy]

(L) Don't do that emoji Papa.  It looks weird with what you are trying to say!

[What? It was perfect, wasn't it?  Why did I feel like I failed.  I made the shot from half court right before the buzzer to win and missed the basket and the backboard. But I will not be discouraged]

(L) She is going to meet us at the house.  Her uncle is bringing her.

[Uncle?  I thought she had called her parents.  Maybe I don't want to know]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laura's Logic - The Application Of New Math In The Teenage Mind

Taking Baby Steps

I Used To Think I Was A Good Communicator, Until Now!